The Westshore Community Foundation is part of a much larger group of Foundations in Canada. The first Foundation was established in Canada in 1921. Today, Foundations span the country from Vancouver Island to Prince Edward Island. They increase the capital fund which in turn will offer even greater support to the ongoing needs of those groups and individuals who are striving to make our communities better.
The Westshore Foundation name is derived from the location of the old Hospital District on the western shores of Lake Winnipeg. The logo depicts a traditional lighthouse on the shoreline. The communities of Riverton, Gimli, Fraserwood, Winnipeg Beach, and Dunnottar are included in the area served by the Foundation.