The Westshore Community Foundation, a charitable organization serving not-for-profit groups in the
Gimli, Riverton, Fraserwood, Winnipeg Beach and Dunnotar areas, is seeking a motivated person to fill
the role of Administrative Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the dayto-day operation of the Westshore office, located in Gimli, and will report directly to the Westshore
Board of Directors.
- Office-related duties, including responding to telephone or email inquiries, updating and
maintaining office manuals and file systems, maintaining financial records, preparing monthly
and annual financial reports, and maintaining website and social media accounts;
- Donor-related duties, including creating and maintaining updated contact listings, preparing and
distributing information to donors, grant/scholarship applicants and other stakeholders
- Volunteer-related duties, including maintaining contact with volunteers, recruiting new
volunteers and coordinating volunteers for events; and
- Board-related duties, including preparing Agendas and recording Minutes at Board meetings,
assisting with event planning and execution, and general administrative support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining filing systems.
- Ability to create and interpret financial statements and proficiency with accounting software.
- Experience coordinating volunteers and/or working in a Board-setting.
- The Administrative Coordinator will display effective written and verbal communication skills,
strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with the Board and with the
public, and strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks. The
Administrative Coordinator will be able to work independently and will responsibly self-manage.\
As a Foundation committed to equity and accessibility, we encourage members of equity-seeking
communities, including racialized minorities and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and
persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions, to apply. We welcome you to
inform us confidentially if you require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our
To apply, please forward your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 19,
2021. All applications are appreciated, however, only those selected for further consideration will be